Color - Brave Lending Library
In July 2016, Fit started a Color-Brave Lending Library. The lending library was created to: (1) make Fit Oshkosh the resource for Racial Literacy educational materials that improve dialog around race and difference (2) to provide a reading space for the public to access inclusive materials and (3) to expose people to the full range of services provided by Fit Oshkosh. Readers are also welcome to read here in our office during regular business hours and enjoy complimentary refreshments.
Open: Tuesdays from 10am to noon and Thursdays from 11am to 1pm. Feel free to phone us at 920-479-5380 to schedule a visit at a different time. Or, browse online! https://www.librarycat.org/lib/FITOshkosh/
Rules & Guidelines:
All of the resources are free and available to the community. We do have some metrics in place to help keep it organized, to ensure that the resources are returned to us and to measure the success of the library. They are as follows:
- Resources are available for three (3) weeks from the date of check out.
- In order for resources to be reserved or put on hold online, please contact us by phone or come in to see us to have an account created. You will then receive a "library card" with the pertinent information for you to access the library online going forward.
- Please take a few moments to fill out the feedback from each time you borrow a resource. It only takes a few moments and allows us to measure the success of the library.
- Books can be returned or picked up using the designated hanging box outside our office suite.
- Please return the resources in the condition in which they were received.
I would like to take a moment to thank all of you for your support with coming in to the classroom to read with the students and do an activity with them. Not only did this produce great discussions, we had parents comment on how appreciative that such a topic is being talking about at such a young age. The kids did a great job and all of the readers were wonderful. Both groups of students were sparked with conversation and curiosity. Again, thank all of you so much for supporting our classroom and doing what you do! We would LOVE to have you back. - Melissa Bowman, teacher